Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have lost my iPhone 6 and would like to find it. I am

Customer Question
I have lost my...

I have lost my iPhone 6 and would like to find it. I am using either an incorrect used id or incorrect password ***** use the icloud. I keep my apple info in my phone contacts, so I am stymied. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't recall doing so, so it must be some time ago. Of course, I'm getting older and both short and long term memory fail me more frequently thee days. :)

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it. Could you provide me the apple ID or the iCould ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available. Your Apple ID is normally your email address which is associated with apple.

ok. thank you.
apple id should be***@******.***

Do you have access to the phone number which ends with ‎(•••) •••-••51?

No. That is the number for the iPhone I have lost.(###) ###-####

Do you have any alternate phone number?

A text message with a verification code was sent to +1(###) ###-#### Can I have code?

The number I gave you is my home phone. It is a land line. It does not have text messaging capability. I do not have another cell phone to which you can send a text.

Did you received any call?

Ok. Thanks for the call. Verification code is 004155.
What next?

Now I got stuck in this page which say, When your account is ready for recovery, a phone call with instructions will be made to +1(###) ###-#### You can check the status of your request at iforgot.apple.com Status information will be available in 4 days.

This issue belongs to Account Security team. Unfortunately they don't have any chat support, In this case you can call 1-***-***-**** (US). You may schedule a callback from the said team at this link: https://getsupport.apple.com

Karthik - can you send Account Recovery a note for me. I found the phone, so they can cease any further efforts. Thank you.

I am happy that you found the iPhone. You can call 1-***-***-**** and inform them regarding this.