Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to use Google Drive / Google docs on both iPad Pro…

Customer Question
Hello. Trying to use...

Hello. Trying to use Google Drive / Google docs on both iPad Pro and iPhone 6. Can’t see or get a toolbar. Can you I help?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPhone?

Checking. Yes, connected to WiFi, but guess you are asking something else.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

I will have to take walk to check. Be back soon.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you still want router lights info?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Are you using the apps or from the web?

Hello Justin. I have downloaded both Google Drive and Google Docs.

Google Docs is just "Word" is that all you want or are you also in need of Sheets and Slides?

Can I just start with “word” for now. I was expecting to see a familiar toolbar, but it is missing.

Let me grab my iPad and I will take a look so we are seeing the same thing

sometimes but not now). But what about edit, paste, delete. Google docs sample on-line shows a toolbar similar to Windows. Is docs tool bar available for iPad and iPhone, or just computers?

delete is the delete key on the keyboard.

copy cut and paste are things you do with touch.

you edit with your keyboard.

google also does not like the use of the menu buttons for copy, cut and paste. It warns you that you have to had an add on which is not standard.

It has everything you are looking for. It is just more suited to the device you are on and using it's functionality.

Thank you. Looks like it will have to be new bll game for me. WILL AVE TO DECIDE IF I WANT TO GO GOOGLE DOCS.
I THINK we can stop conversation. You have been helpful, though answer not what I was hoping for or expected. When I see sample of Google Docs online, it shows possible toolbar for Docs similar to Microsoft word. Perhaps that was old rendition.

When you are ready please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.

Can't find it? Here’s How.