Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Forgot my passcode on my Ipad how do I reset?

Customer Question
forgot my passcode on my Ipad how do I reset?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 6 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Please give me a moment to provide you a solution to your question.

Please ignore remote and phone support they are not sent by me they are automated through the website.

The only viable option is to reset the iPad back to factory settings. Please use the steps below.

Turn Off your iPad if it isn't off already.

1. Shut off your iPad by holding the on/off button until slide to power off appears.
  2. Swipe the slide to power off confirmation slider to the right
  3. Press and hold down the Home button on your iPad.
  4. Plug your iPad into your Mac or Windows PC and make sure iTunes is running.
  5. Release the Home button when you see the Connect to iTunes screen.

6. At this point, iTunes should display an alert saying it's detected anPad in recovery mode, and will let you restore your device.

7. After the device has been restored if the iPad had Find My iPad enabled (Activation Lock). When it comes back up it will prompt you to enter the password ***** the Apple ID it was associated.

8. You will need to have access to that email address in order to reset the password. This how things work with Apple and activation lock.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.