Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I just bought an iPhone 8plus. I have installed the eBay app…

Customer Question
I just bought an...

I just bought an iPhone 8plus. I have installed the eBay app and sell on eBay. The phone will not alert me with the “ca-ching” sound and harp alert I used to receive on my iPhone6. My wife has an 8plus with the eBay app installed and the sounds are coming on her phone. I have contacted eBay and was told it was an Apple problem. I has tried reinstalling the app several time with no success. I have also tried several suggestions from others who have experienced a similar problem with no success. Since I depend on my phone for my business success I really need this feature to be functional. Please advise what I or you can do to make this app fully functional.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Ios

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Business? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on sine I first got the phone on December 26. I have reinstalled the app, deleted the app powered the phone off, waited for several minutes and repowered the phone and then reinstalled the the app. All of these were suggestions from other users that have experienced the same problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I can not think of anything else as this is all I have tried and been able to Glenn from others who have posted information concerning this same issue. I hope someone can solve this as it is curtail at time that I need to respond a customer’s inquiry and without the harp sound notification I have no way of knowing I have a message or a sale designated by the “ka-Ching” sound.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
1/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago
Michael T
Hi my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you with your question today. If you go to settings then scroll down to the eBay app then click Nitifcations and sounds. Is your sounds toggled to ON?
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago
Do you get sound notifications on the other apps on your phone without issue?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have toggled all of the options on an off with no luck. My concern at this point is why I am being charged for support on a new phone which should be operating as it should especially when my wife’s phone is operating successfully.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago
Because you signed up for paid tech support with us. That is why you are being charged.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I feel this support should not be necessary since this is a new non functioning phone. Can you positively guarantee that any further expense will assure me the results I am requiring.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago
Your phone settings appears correct.. Please do a reset on your phone for me. Let’s see if this corrects the issue. It may.
Hold down the power button and volume down button together until you see the Apple logo then release. This will clear cache and can work out any bugs in some apps. Let me know what that does
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please tell me the steps that will accomplish this.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago
Did you reset the phone?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This didn’t work. I feel like I’ve wasted my time and money as I just made a sale and the notification came in on my wife’s phone and not mine. I wish to go no further at this point.
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 1 month ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Josh,
I am filing a complaint with Paypal. Your service was of no help what so ever. I thought I was in touch with Mac support which I was not. Your listing is deceiving, thus I was taken and received nothing for the money I was charged. I have since gotten in touch with the correct Apple support and for no charge they remedied the problem. I will be sure to provide a very detailed negative feedback concerning this experience.
Mike, Mac Medic