Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iphone 6 is disabled (I don't remember the security

Customer Question
Hello my iphone 6...

Hello my iphone 6 is disabled (I don't remember the security code). It says connect to itunes, which I have and now computer says - respond to iphone, which is not doing anything. I have inserted my sim card if that helps. Thank you Debbie

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Yesterday. my main email (work) which I thought i used said I should be using another (my personal)

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.