Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Flashing apple logo, tried to restore and itunes said device…

Customer Question
Flashing apple logo, tried...

Flashing apple logo, tried to restore and itunes said device cannot be found ive updated my computer and itunes and it still will not restore my iphone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Im not sure i know i updated my iphone about a week ago

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

About 24 hourrs ago i tried using itunes to update my phone and restore my phone. i tried holding down the power and home button for about 10 minutes and noothing has worked.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the model number of the iphone?

iphone 6s plus

Please press the hold the volume button for 5 minutes and check if that help.

while i tried restoring my phone it said error code 9

Now try this following steps

1. Press and hold both the Home and Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  2. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
  3. When iTunes asks you to update or restore, click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS and keep your personal data.
i already tried that and it didnt work

Have you tried pressing and holding the volume up button for 5 minutes?

it didnt work

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 6 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!