Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How can I download photos from my computer to an USB Flash…

Customer Question
How can I download...

How can I download photos from my computer to an USB Flash drive

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

How can I find that out

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I pluged in USB drive in and opened the folder and dragged few photos into the folder. Then i eject the flash and there was nothing on it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am trying to download photos to a flash drive and then download to a photo frame

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JusAnswer and thank you for utilising our services

Please check if the Flash drive has free space if you haven't and also clear the Trash while the USB Flash is plugged.

Then try the following fixes and advice if they do not work:
http://osxdaily.com/2015/09/07/drag-and-drop-not-working-mac-os-x-troubleshooting/

Regards,

G

I would like the phone call response
Mac Support Specialist: the-pc-guy, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
the-pc-guy
the-pc-guy, Mac Genius

so are you saying that you plug the drive in the computer

copy files to it.

then when you plug it back into the same computer the files are not there any more?

Correct.

did you try a different jump drive?

i need to know what troubleshooting steps have been tried

my guess is the drive is not formatted properly

to format it, NOTE: THIS WILL ERASE ALL DATA ON IT.

open the drive in disk utility, make sure that you have the external drive selected and ---NOT--- THE SYSTEM DRIVE

then goto Erase, under format select Either FAT32, or MS-DOS depending on your OS version.

Complete the erase process, and that should fix any problems writing to the drive.

were you able to make this work?

Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?