Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received an e-mail saying my apple ID has been locked

Customer Question
I received an e-mail...

I received an e-mail saying my apple ID has been locked because they found some activities were violating my agreement with them. They said I could update my account information using Apple logo in the list of auction or website. Does this sound reasonable to you?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably 2 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, I was not aware if it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this for real or something else?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 6 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake email message. It is a scam, so please do not follow any instruction in it. Apple will never ask you to provide personal information or sensitive account information (such as passwords, social security number, credit card numbers, etc.) via email.

If you have an Apple ID account, you can confirm that your Apple ID account is working fine by signing in your Apple ID account at the Apple website.

- In the future, please always ignore any email message (or phone call) that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Do you have anything else today?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

For more information about this kind of scams, please click on the websites below:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201679

Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else today?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.