Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

On my MacBook Pro, I am only having Mail come in but it will…

Customer Question
On my MacBook Pro...

On my MacBook Pro, I am only having Mail come in but it will not go out. There has been a black triangle with ! and saying login failed up in the right hand corner of the mail window.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook Pro (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

To be clear - does rebooting mean restarting or turning to power button off and then on?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am having major issue with iCloud - all my docs got over to that Drive and I do not know how to retrieve them. I want them back on my desktop.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 1 month ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
gmail.com

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where are you? I answered your question.

Do you see my last post?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I saw your post about rebooting before you asked about my email provider. I asked you to clarify rebooting for me. You did not answer that. No post after the one about my email provider.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Again where are you?

I am here. It may take a minute or so for the message to appear for me.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please just go ahead without remote assistance.

Oh okay. As far as your outgoing mail settings go, what do you have entered for the outgoing server?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
much has been done for me. I do not know where to find this.

In the mail app, in the top menu bar, click Mail > Preferences.

- In the account window, double click your email account.

You can find the information on that window.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Under Server Settings, Outgoing Mail Account, it has Google (Offline)

Okay. Please double click "Google". What is shown now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can not double click Google by itself, only combined with Offline. A window opens that gives other options - "None", "iCloud (offline)", Edit SMTP Server list. the Google option remains with that list.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 month ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you still need help with this?

Mike, Mac Medic