Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have an unrecognizeable charge on my debit card from itunes?

Customer Question
Have an unrecognizeable charge...

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

Few weeks ago when i got a new phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

89.99$

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

If you just received an email that claims you spent $89.99on itunes and you know you did not then it is a scam not from apple just trying to bait you into clicking a link in the email or calling a number to scam you further. There had been a lot of emails like this going around lately. If you do not see the money missing from your bank or credit cards you can just delete the email as it is a scam. Now if you do see the money missing from your bank account You need to go through the instructions on this page:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201382

Make sure you go through all 6 steps on the page I linked you which will resolve the issue. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

89.99$ charge on my debit card from itunes...no idea what for?
don t wanna pay an extra 39.99$ to find out why?
do you need to access my phone?
what is the next step?

No I do not need to access anything. If you are seeing the charge on your debit card follow each step on this page I linked you above

Do i need to put a claim in with my bank?
whats next?

Yes that would be a good idea if you do not see anything that you purchased from itunes because it is possible the card was stolen.

Do you use itunes? or have an iphone? If so did you look at your purchase history?

All you need to do is read and follow the instructions on the page I link you. This will walk you through viewing your purchase history. If you do not use itunes and do not let anyone use your card then call your bank right away. If you do use itunes (either on computer, iphone, ipad) then go to this link and follow the instructions to view your purchase history https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201382