Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It is asking for Apple ID & pswd on the screen titled

Customer Question
It is asking for...

It is asking for Apple ID & pswd on the screen titled activation Lock. Haven't seen this in the 5 or 6 yrs I've had the iPad. The Apple ID is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I haven't but I cannot remember the password

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No do I need to know the pswd to use that?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not using a mac. It is an iPad

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

To get past the activation lock on the iPad you will need to reset the Apple ID password ***** your computer.

On your computer click this link to begin: iforgot.apple.com

Then enter the email, and the verification code.

The next step will ask if you want to receive a reset email or answer security questions.

If you choose email, you will get an email with a link to reset your password.

If you choose security questions you have to answer your pre-set security questions to reset your passwords.

When you have set the new password, go to your iPad and enter the new password.

This will remove the activation lock and you will be able to use your iPad.

If you get stuck on any point or have any questions please reply here to let me know.

Please also take a moment to click the star rating in the top right to rate my help. Many thanks in advance.

What is the verification code?

When you click that link you will see a security code and a box beside it to type it in.

It's the box just below the box to type your Apple ID email.

How did that go, do you still need help?

If it worked please rate my help using the star rating it's much appreciated thank you.