Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I got my IPad from my mom last year and I went in to Best…

Customer Question
I got my IPad...

I got my IPad from my mom last year and I went in to Best Buy to have them set my IPad to my email, password ***** For 6 months everything went smoothly, but this past 4-6 weeks I haven't been able to get any of my updates because App Store requires my login and password. The issue is that it is looking for my moms information again. I got my moms password, but as soon as I entered it into the required field, a pop up box comes up that's called, two tiered authentication required. It then waits for me to get the generated code that I must enter into correct field. I can't retrieve it because it is sending the code to my moms cell phone that she no longer has. Can you HELP!!! ME?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't recall

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I did go onto their website but every time I tried to make a change it asks for my moms information.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

Do you have an Apple ID and password ***** your own?