Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought a new MacBook pro computer and had my data from my…

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new MacBook pro computer and had my data from my old computer transferred and my Word program did not transfer. I had had it over 15 years and I get asked for some number to unlock the program. I have no idea what they are talking about. Help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Word?

I don't know if I ever have. I am an old lady and I am very challenged technically. I mainly used word for lists and an occasional letter.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what to tell you. I did use a service tp transfer the data because I live in a small city with no apple store. They said that they were putting some free program on my computer that did everything that word did. I want Word!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Just to clarify, which version of Office/Word, e.g. 2008, 2011, were you using earlier?