Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My iphone died and I bought a Samsung E8 yesterday. How do I…

Customer Question
Hi, my iphone died...

Hi, my iphone died and I bought a Samsung E8 yesterday. How do I get my contacts from my dead iphone to my Samsung phone please? Ta

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

So when I say dead, I mean the screen is black and I can't charge it or turn it on at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 month ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Which model of iPhone is this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
From the back A1429
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

That is an iPhone 5. If the phone is completely dead, then we will not be able to get the contains, however, if you had setup iCloud on it before, then the contacts should be on iCloud.

Did you setup iCloud on it?

Also, did you try holding down Home and Power button for 10 seconds and see if it reboot the iPhone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no icloud...but did do the ten second thing... no luck

Are you sure about iCloud?

Have you ever synced it with your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No worries, phone suddenly charging, thanks for your help, will now return new phone!!

Glad to hear that! BTW iPhone 5 is very old and outdated, so I recommend you should keep the new phone and use it. If you want, I can help you with transferring contents from your iPhone 5 to new Samsung phone. Let me know.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician