Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iMac which is missing a login password. I’ve tried…

Customer Question
I have an iMac...

I have an iMac which is missing a login password. I’ve tried several methods of resets such as holding down Command-R and turning on power and using resetpassword ***** I have not been able to get to the create-a-new-password ***** of the processs. The iMac is running High Sierra 10.13.2.
Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your iMac (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

I can try the PRAM

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not yet. Connect me?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Perform the following procedure and then try to reset the password ***** login:

Shut down the Mac.
Press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the built-in keyboard and press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.
After pressing the keys together for 10 seconds, release all keys.
Press the power button again to turn on your Mac and test to see if the issue is resolved.

My name is David.

Shut down the Mac.

Do you still need assistance?