Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have lost my apple iPhone and need to try to find it. How…

Customer Question
I have lost my...

I have lost my apple iPhone and need to try to find it. How do I go about that?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

What is an example of an OS?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

2 days. I tried going to where's my phone and got nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It's an apple 5

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it. Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have access to your iCloud account? If you have an access to the iCloud account and If you have a computer handy, you can easily track your missing iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on the web via iCloud.com . It's as easy as following these steps:

1. Open iCloud.com in any web browser.
  2. Log into your iCloud account.
  3. Click on Find iPhone in the main menu.
  4. Enter your Apple ID and password ***** sign in if prompted
  5. Click on All Devices at the top.

6. Click the device name for the device you'd like to track.
  7. You can zoom in and out on the map to track it more closely, or you can choose from one of the modes listed in the upper right. Here is an explanation of what each does:

• Play sound - Plays an audible tone, even if your device is on vibrate or silent. This is the option you'll want to use if your iPhone or iPad has gone missing around the house.
    • Lost mode - If you use this option, you'll be asked to enter a phone number that will display on the screen of your lost device. Someone can then use this number to call if they find the device. An audible tone will also be played to draw attention to the device.
    • Erase - If you don't think you're going to be able to retrieve the device, or you're worried about someone accessing your private data, you can remotely delete everything on it in order to protect your information.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you