Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I accidently locked out my ipad 2 and cant remember the

Customer Question
I accidently locked out...

I accidently locked out my ipad 2 and cant remember the password ***** used to set it up I do have the user name. Is there a way to recover or reset my password ***** reactivate the ipad?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have a different password ***** my iPhone but I really don't remember if and when I ever changed the password ***** the ipad

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No - How do I access this tool?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No - thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Don't want remote support - just want to find a way to reset my ipad2 password

"If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt."

Go to iforgot.apple.com and reset your password. Once done you should be able to sign in.

Please let me know if that is not the case.

Please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.

Can't find it? Here’s How.