Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My sister gave me a Apple phone. She couldn’t remembered her…

Customer Question
My sister gave me...

My sister gave me a Apple phone. She couldn’t remembered her password ***** I’d settings. I’m trying to get this phone out of her name completely. I have her phone # if you need to verify

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I logged her out & created my own account. I still see some of her calls & the phone she has sees some of my info. I created my own account around 12-01

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes but she didn’t remember her password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there cost involved. I’m simply trying to have her name removed off phone

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 month ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Can you use the phone at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
she couldn’t deactivate it by she couldn’t remember all her passwords. She gave me the phone I logged her out created my own account but we can see each other’s missed calls, etc

Just the missed calls?

Is your iCloud account signed in in in FaceTime and iMessage?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven’t created a iCloud for this phone, first time I’ve had a iPhone.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago

My sisters phone # is *******, Patricia ******

Use this guide to sign out of FaceTime. This should resolve the issue. If you are signed in Sign out.

When you are ready please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.

Can't find it? Here’s How.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t understand what you want me to do��

My LINK did not stick.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It didn’t work, plz just give me a refund, plz I’m gonna have to take this phone to Apple store
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I need to remove her phone #

Ok. Have a nice day!

Calls showing up on two phones at the same time is do to facetime/imessage being signed in. I know I have 3 phones. It should have worked. I am sorry that this was not helpful to you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you give me a refund plz?
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius