Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have an iPhone 7+, charged it Sunday night and was not able…

Customer Question
Have an iPhone 7+...

Have an iPhone 7+, charged it Sunday night and was not able to restart since. Tried everything suggested on line. Am in Costa Rica on vacation and need my phone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

IOS 11-Most recent update

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Has been happening since Monday morning. We have tried holding down the VOLUME DOWN BO VOLUME DOWN BUTTON FOR 60 seconds also simultaneausly with the power button with no luck

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Has been powered up sufficiently. Also seems to heat up more than usual

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Try this:

To force restart (hard reset) the iPhone 7, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button + Volume Down button for 10 seconds. Because of the Home button change, it’s been replaced by the Volume Down button during the process.

If this was helpful please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.

Can't find it? Here’s How.

Do you work directly for Apple?

We do not, however, I worked for Apple for many years and now help as a third party. With that in mind my scope of support is much wider and is not just the Apple Family. Does that answer your question?