Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have 2 problems. I cannot get out of "open Office" which I…

Customer Question
Hello I have...

Hello I have 2 problems. I cannot get out of "open Office" which I used to type a document. Therefore I cannot shut down my computer. YThe second problem is that I have had continual notices that I cannot cone to the I Cloud. I was going to drive to the Apple store but it is far and we are in Buffalo (15 degrees) I figured that since I paid for this service it would be better to give it a chance from home. Thank you

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have an Apple powermac.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

The I cloud thing has been going on for months. The One Office only in the last few days. It tells me that Open Office was interrupted by Safari.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Those are the current issues.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

To fix Open Office, press Command, Option and Esc keys. This will bring Force Quit. Select OpenOffice and click Force Quit to delete it. Then download and install latest OpenOffice from here --> https://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/

To fix iCloud, go to Apple > System Preferences > iCloud. Then click Sign Out. Then sign back in. If asked to sign in or password, then enter and no need to sign out. If asked to keep or delete files, choose Keep.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.