Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iphone 6 s and I forgot my passcode and I am

Customer Question
I have an iphone...

I have an iphone 6 s and I forgot my passcode and I am unable to sign in using my Touch ID.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not sure. Is the password ***** passcode the same thing?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I think that will do it. Thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

When you have forgotten your passcode you will need to erase the device in recovery mode to bypass it.

To do that first you need to put the phone in recovery mode.

To put it in recovery mode, press and hold the home button and the power button together for about 30 seconds.

The phone screen will go blank at first but keep holding both buttons together until it starts again and shows an iTunes logo.

When you have the iTunes logo on the phone screen, use the cable to connect it to iTunes.

iTunes then asks if you would like to restore the phone, click Restore.

iTunes then begins downloading the required software which could take about 10-15 minutes.

Once it finishes downloaded the phone software it will process it and restore the phone to factory settings.

When it is complete do not recover from any backups, disconnect the phone, and set it up.

You will have bypassed the passcode.

Let me know if there are any questions, many thanks in advance.

If you need help via phone call let me know and I can arrange for the premium service request.

If you have any questions at all let me know here by just replying. Thanks.

The steps are the same as the steps 1 to 5 in this article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

But if you have any question or would like premium service via phone call just reply and let me know, thank you.

Also if these steps resolve your issue please take a moment to rate my answer clicking the star rating, many thanks and happy new year!

Answers were actually on Apple and iTunes. Please refund my money. This did not offer any assistance.

Hi, don't worry you have not paid for this question if you have not rated.

If you would like to request a refund of any deposit you may have paid please see this link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0