Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Not all my photos are being backed up from my iphotos (Mac)

Customer Question
Not all my photos...

Not all my photos are being backed up from my iphotos (Mac) to my icloud

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Version 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I have 24000 items on my photos but only 6400 are backed up. I've gone to setting preferences on all devices and activated icloud for photos. The system says that all the photos are being uploaded but it's not happening. The events seem to be in the cloud but are empty or just have 1 or 2 pics per event

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's the problem in a nutshell

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Depending on your Internet speed they may be in the process of uploading, and could take time to all appear there.

The issue could also be space in iCloud drive. iCloud photo library uses space from you iCloud drive and if you don't have enough it won't upload all your photos.

To see how much space you have in iCloud drive go to Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Manage.

If you don't have enough space you can purchase more starting at 50GB for $0.99 (USD) a month, and up to 2TB.

To purchase more iCloud storage click Change Storage Plan or Buy More Storage.

Let me know if you have any questions, many thanks!

David, Mac Support Specialist