Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad has been locked out by Apple with an activation

Customer Question
My iPad has been...

My iPad has been locked out by Apple with an activation lock.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I can't remember my password ***** the Visa card record held by Apple is old the Card has been cancelled. I can change the details on my mobile phone, but to do so I need my password *****!

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, but having no password ***** alternative. the online reset tool requesting the detail of visa card ending in 86. This card had to be cancelled and the details are no longer valid. The new card is ending in 76.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, my iPad has been has been on Activation Lock since approximately the 10th November, as the result of my username having been changed due to change in server from optus.net to bigpond.com. The change in username was [email protected] to***@******.***, this was recommended by optus customer service as they were not extending their network where we lived at that time. We are not sure just what the security glitch was, that caused Apple to put the activation lock on the Ipad, except that they kept wanting us to identify our username as "*****@******.***, which we could not do. We paid $499.00 to Bomgar to look into the problem, only because Apple recommended them with a list of problem solvers.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To unlock the iPad, please see the following guide:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Reply back here and let me know if that works?