Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to use Word or any other word processing app. II used…

Customer Question
I want to use...

I want to use Word or any other word processing app. II used to have it on my Mac but cannot find it since having some updates installed with tech support recently.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I want to type a letter, not an email, on my Mac. I used Microsoft Word in the past but cannot find it since updating the operating system recently.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

I don't seem to have word any longer.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

When did Office/Word first go missing from your Mac?

I suppose it was when my computer was upgraded to 10.13.2 with the help of tech support. I haven't tried since then to use Microsoft Word. Today was my first attempt. What are my choices for fixing it and what will the cost be?

It looks like your remote assistance request did not go through for some reason. Could you please get any payment hold cleared up with your bank and then update your payment info on this page?

We will then go ahead with a secure remote session. Thank you,

My bank called me to verify a $5 charge for asking the question. To have a JustAnswer tech support fix my problem I understood would be another $35 which I approved. I did not approve an additional $39. I now have to go join a dinner party. May I resume dealing with this issue with you at 8:30 pm, EST?

Sorry, I will have gone off for the day then. Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!