Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Got an ipad 4 mini for christmas, i always used my thumb to…

Customer Question
Hi, got an ipad...

Hi, got an ipad 4 mini for christmas, i always used my thumb to unlock and now forgot the pass word i put inn, tried, tried and tried now my ipad is telling me ipad is disabled connect to itunes. how do i reset my pass word

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Apple id is the same as my iphone and the password ***** my ipad was put inn on christmas eve

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Nope, how do i do that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue :(
Unfortunately the only way out is to restore the iPad to factory settings. This will delete contents from the iPad unless you have a backup either in iCloud or in iTunes.
Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPad to the computer.
Now, on the iPad, press and hold the power button and home button together for 30 sec.
Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
Restore the iPad now.
Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank you
Vinod