Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My iphone has a activation lock and the id and password is…

Customer Question
My iphone has a...

My iphone has a activation lock and the id and password ***** ***** then what I have now. I can not remember what it is. It is t******@icloud.com and nothing I put in works. I am so frustrated !

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have no idea

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes i have tried everything, i even hired a company to unlock the phone and they can not find the code to do that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have talked to Apple before and they say they cant help me

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
1/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 month ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

For security purposes please respond with the answer to 4 + 3 = ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
7

Go to iforgot.apple.com and reset your password. Once done you should be able to sign in.

Please let me know if that is not the case.

Please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.

Can't find it? Here’s How.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it only resets my current apple password ***** id which does nothing for unlocking the phone.

Once you reset it you should be able to unlock it. Unless it tells you it is disabled. Does it say it is disabled?

Also is your current Apple ID the one on the phone? If it is great it will unlock it. If it is not you cannot get into it with someone elses Apple ID. It is a security measure to make sure the person who owns it has access to it only, make sense?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have a different id and password ***** I started using the iphone 5c. No but it wont unlock my phone
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i own it

Then reset the password ***** the one it is showing using iforgot.apple.com

The only way to access the phone is with the account it is listing. You have to have that account. You can physically own it, but if you do not have access to the account you do not have access to the phone.

if you feel like you are getting the same information from me as Apple it is because they weren't lying to you. They were trying to help like I am.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i did reset password ***** not work

What is the email showing on the screen you have to sign into?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on the phone?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
t*****@icloud.com

Do you know what email that is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
tried***@******.***,***@******.***. Don't know what else to try.

Are those both your accounts? Can you sign into appleid.apple.com with both of them?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no only***@******.***

Then what account is t********@icloud.com?

You need to know that account or no phone. That is a fact. Ok?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i need to remove my icloud account. That account is what I had when I started icloud acct. but I have no idea what the id and password *****

You are going to have to dig deep in your memory. It cannot be removed. You have to remember it. Nothing is going to change that. Not even Apple. I promise you that is a 100% fact.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great I am screwed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks anyway

I will give you one last path to someone smarter than myself that may be able to help. Call the mac genius hot line. ‭(866)(###) ###-####

Happy new year!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i do not have a mac

Don't be so literal. It is the number to call an Apple Genius that is free. Call it if you want another avenue. It may not bear fruit, but it certainly is your last hope.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
bye

When you are ready please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.

Can't find it? Here’s How.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you please refund some of the $30.00 I paid since you can help me? I would appreciate it.

Sure. we back all of our services with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great how much and when will they refund it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still waiting for answer
I will submit the refund and it will process. Customer sevice will respond with details.
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius