Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

On my iTunes in my windows computer I have two copies of my…

Customer Question
On my iTunes in...

On my iTunes in my windows computer I have two copies of my songs why and how do I stop this happening?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

I have no idea I usually update when prompted

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

For security purposes please respond with the answer to 4 + 3 = ?

I also had multiple copies of my photos loaded onto my last phone and half of my videos wouldn’t work

Multiple versions is typically a result of importing more than once. Have you tried to add music to your library more than once?

No,my songs are double in my library and all my photos loaded onto my old phone multiple times and a lot of my videos would not work even though they worked on my old iPhone 4
I have tried deleting the doubles from the library but the next time I have opened iTunes they are there again

Is this on a mac or a pc?

On a windows computer running seven and the multi photo copies happened two to three years ago and I bought the 6s phone approximately 1 year ago I haven’t loaded anything from iTunes as I don’t want the same thing happening again

When you say library. What does that mean to you?

Library is the songs in my iTunes

So we are only trying to resolve a duplicate issue with iTunes and iTunes only?