Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

This is a desparation call. I have had my iPod since Oct 29,

Customer Question
Hi Mike. I'm Patricia...

Hi Mike. I'm Patricia - this is a desparation call. I have had my iPod since Oct 29, 2017 and each time i have attempted to access photos receive pop up message ' FaceTime Activation . An error occurred during activation. Try again.' I have - and also used Apple Help - solution our WiFi call our expert - done. Not so. He was told that Apple had disconnected or stopped activation - Today not so . Same message - solution to just give iPad away, perhaps

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My password very, very early at the suggestion of a helper - ID has not been changed

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I have no idea what you mean

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Im a luddite as far as my use of iPad goes - have had an iPhone for about two years.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
1/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

OK I will try and help you the best I can just take a deep breath for me right now. Then let me know what exactly you need as the question seems confusing. So your trying to access your photos app on the ipod but for some reason the facetime activation messages pops up correct?

If not just let me know what exactly is happening or what your trying to accomplish and then I can try and get you there.

Jon - simply every time I have tried to open Photos tile on my iPad ( not iPod no wonder you're confused) the Face Time Activation message pops up stating "An error occurred during activation. Try again." I've tried this, had telephone advice which I followed - it was my WiFi and needed my IT expert who finally (one and half hours later)called Apple to be told that they had stopped the activation and it was fixed. Today this message has reappeared . Quite frankly as i have already outlaid dollars to solve this problem I am now seeking Apple support. I just want my photos on my iPad.
Unfortunately i have no more time to spend on this to day. Thus I did not respond.
Mike, Mac Medic