Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Not anappple device. Its an iTunes card. I don't remember…

Customer Question
Not anappple device. Its...

Not anappple device. Its an iTunes card

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

I don't remember but I bought a $50.00 iTunes card and download it. My question is how do I cash it in. It is a paper card that I printed out.

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

Nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

see if you can find a 16 digit code on the back, if its paper it can be in a couple different spots, I would not think you have to scratch away the area first as it is paper you said. If it was an actual plastic card it has the scratch area like a lottery ticket.

Please check the picture I attached to this message and see if you can find this number. Let me know so we can continue.

If you find the code you need to do the following depending on what device you are trying to redeem from like a computer, ipad, iphone, etc. I am going to show all for you.

The easiest is go to open itunes on your computer and do the following:

From itunes on your computer

1. Open iTunes.
  2. If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account. If prompted, enter your password *****
  4. Enter your password, then press the Return or Enter key on your keyboard, or click Sign In.
  5. If you have an App Store & iTunes Gift Card or Apple Music Gift Card, enter the 16-digit code from the back of the card. The code starts with an X.
    If you have a promo or content code, enter the code from the back of the card. In some countries and regions, you can click Use Camera and use your device's camera to view the entire black focus box around the redemption code.
    If your gift card is older, your camera can't read the redemption code, or the redemption code doesn't have a focus box around it, tap "You can also enter your code manually."
  6. Click Redeem.

From apple device.

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap App Store. You can also open the redemption page, then skip to step 5.
  2. Tap Today, then tap your Apple ID icon.
  3. Tap Redeem.
  4. Sign in with your Apple ID. Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID.
  5. If you want to use the camera in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to add your gift card, tap Use Camera. Make sure to follow the onscreen instructions to capture the redemption code. If you're in certain countries or regions, or have an older card, you might have to enter the card manually instead.
  6. If you have an App Store & iTunes Gift Card or Apple Music Gift Card, enter the 16-digit code, which starts with X, from the back of the card.
    If you have a promo or content code, enter the code from the back of the card.
  7. For store credit, tap Done.
    If you're prompted with an offer for Apple Music, choose "Extend Your Membership" to redeem months of Apple Music service. If you'd prefer to redeem for store credit, choose "Use Credit for iTunes or App Store".

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.