Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I’m trying to use Apple TV and they say I need an 8 digit…

Customer Question
I’m trying to use...

I’m trying to use Apple TV and they say I need an 8 digit code. Have no idea where to find it. Trying to. Watch a SAG awards movie on tv via Apple TV please help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have my apple password ***** my account but need Apple TV code. It is a 2014 model I don’t know it it is under my id

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Don’t know about that how do I find it

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is my problem to be solved tonight

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
1/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great I’m ready!!

Usually apple verification codes are only 6 digits, what exactly does it say the code is or what it is for?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope talk me through it

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is not asking for an apple verification code it is asking for an Apple TV code
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is 8 digits apparently and it is not on the Apple TV box
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the serial number if that helps

So the window just says "Apple TV code" with 8 empty boxes ready for you to type. No the serial will not be needed. Something is not added up, and if there are no more details on this code window, what triggers this window to come up. You mentioned after clicking on a movie?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The movie is not being streamed thru iTunes as it was last year
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No boxes
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They say an 8 digit code is necessary to authorize a device
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We are streaming a movie on the computer and want to send it to a larger screen via apple tv

Right, if this is a mac computer you would just need to airplay to the TV which requires no code. So is it the computer that is asking for this code or the apple tv. I have used apple tv forever and something is just not making since. I know what your trying to do which is not the problem. I am just confused on what is asking for a 8 digit code and why.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That’s why we are asking you it makes no sense

can you send me a screen shot. You should be able to add an attachment to this area.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took a picture how do I send it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Corner*
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?

OK, let me check this out one moment. That is why I am not sure of this code before because its not an Apple Code it is more that this website once a code to give you rights to do so. So I will need to research this one sec.

Well I am researching, so far it just says you have to have an apple tv 4th generation in order for this to work....still looking

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think I will cancel this request... too late at night to have to wait. Please cancel my credit card charges... they are saying I requested remote access now stop it!! I refuse any charges

I already mentioned that those are all automated. Good luck

Customer service

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I never requested it.
I am leaving this conversation this is not helpful. Please confirm my card will not be charged.
Mike, Mac Medic