Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have apple TV I put in my account, my password, the code…

Customer Question
I have apple TV...

I have apple TV I put in my account, my password, the code they send me, then they just send me back to my account! please help!!!

Technician's Assistant: What Apple model do you have? How old is it?

I have no idea I purchased Apple TV apps 3 yrs ago

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, no problems until I tried to use my apple act

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Apple? What happened right before this?

This is the first time I’ve been willing to pay for a movie

Technician's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I’m ready!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

It sounds like you may have 2 factor authorization on within your apple id. If you go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and sign in with your apple id and password. (If you can) then under security look to turn off 2 factor authentication. See pic attached

Then you can try your apple TV again. You may want to restart it or unplug and try again after.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.