Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to rent a movie. Asked for verification required, did…

Customer Question
Trying to rent a...

Trying to rent a movie. Asked for verification required, did that still not able to rent. Even changed credit cards.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IPad 8.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying to use Apple TV

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Sometimes what happens is that Apple's 2 step verification process does not work very well. Therefore what you can do is turn this feature of and then try and rent again. Here is how to turn it off.

Disabling Two-Factor Authentication on Apple ID

1. Open any web browser on any computer and go to appleid.apple.com
  2. Log in to the Apple ID you want to disable two factor authentication for, you may need to use two factor auth to gain access to the account
  3. Go to the “Security” section of account settings and choose “Edit”
  4. Locate the “Two-Factor Authentication” section where it says the feature is ON, and click the link to “Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication”. See pic Attached.
  5. Create new security questions to assign to the Apple ID, these are used in place of two-factor auth codes
  6. When finished disabling two-factor auth you can log out of the Apple ID management website

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.