Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Since I downloaded the ver 11 on my iPad and iPhone, I can…

Customer Question
Since I downloaded the...

Since I downloaded the ver 11 on my iPad and iPhone, I can no longer use the finger print option on my devices. Multiple times I have rescanned my finger print on both devices with not luck

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

My printer?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I never did

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m confused. What do printer drivers have to do with the finger print option to download from the App Store, etc?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m sorry if I confused you. Since updating my software, I can no longer use my fingerprint to open my apps or download from the App Store. I have rescanned my fingerprint on my iPhone and iPad
1/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

OK try this go to settings/Touch ID & Passcode / then enter the passcode if asked. Then let me know when you are there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thank you

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally. Plus, in this case we can not remote into mobile devices anyways so we can chat through these messages instead.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m there now

OK so in here is iphone unlock, apple pay, and itunes and app store all green (on)

OK select all fingers toward the bottom one at a time and then choose "delete" fingerprint

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
iPhone unlock is off

BUt I thought they were all green and turned on? Go ahead and turn it on.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fingerprint deleted

OK do you only have the one finger print listed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s telling me to place my finger on the home key
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had 2 fingerprints listed and I deleted both

When and why did it ask you to do that, was it after deleting one of the fingerprints?

oh ok

go ahead and do your finger print but go slow.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

sorry its ok go ahead and do the finger print now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok it’s done and it says it ready

OK so now that you created the finger print make sure to say done or save or ok if needed and close out of the finger print part. Justv make sure "iphone unlock" is on now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s saved and all 3 green lights are on

ok so where did you notice that before the touchid did not work so we can test out again?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just tried it and it doesn’t work. It requires my passcode

yes put in your passcode it just wants that once in a while

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Touch ID stopped working since I updated the software

That does not mean that the tocuhid does not work it just wants a passcode

do you know your passcode?

if you know your passcode we can turn off the passcode.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I order to download an app from the app store, it requires my fingerprint and that didn’t work as well. Let me try again. Hold on please
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope. Not working

If it does not work we can go back into settings / touch id and passcode / and turn off "iphone unlock" and "app and itunes stores. Then we need to restart with all those off. Tell me when it is restarted.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, that done. After I turned on on again I was prompted for my Apple password
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I apologize for my typing. I’m gonna test this. Hold on

You were promoted for your apple id password? Did it accept it? No problem

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No good

What is no good?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it prompted me for my Apple password ***** it accepted it but the Touch ID still isn’t working

So wait after the restart of the iphone it asked for the password, it accepted the password ***** then what did you do?

What did you do to trigger it to ask you for the touch ID

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I turned on Apple wallet and the 2 other buttons it prompted me for my password

Well thats the thing I am not saying its the cause but I was asking you to restart the phone but didnt want you to go anywhere like apple wallet? After the restarted I wanted to go directly back to turn on the options within touch id like we turned off and then try, but thats ok I guess the only thing left to do now is do you have all the updates on your devices after 11. There should be 11.2.1 available if you do not already have that. You can go to settings/general/software update to check.

But since it is happening on both your ipad and iphone, I would sign out of every single apple device you have which is any ipad, iphone, ipad, and mac computer. Sign out of everything that may have your apple id account signed in to. Then once you sign out of everything sign back in and try again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m sorry, I meant Apple Pay, and unlock iPad and Apple ITunes. I shut them off and turned them back on. That’s when I was prompted for my Apple ID. I did not restart my iPad after those steps
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The software is updated on both devices
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m so sorry for the confusion on my part

Well still everything I mentioned still applies if after you turn off all touch id options again, restart the device and then turn back on and try again. But if this is happening on both devices then I would think it could be tied to your apple id account which is why I mentioned to try and sign out of all your device and try all this again. I is not the upgrade because mine works fine.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok then. Thank you for your patience. I guess I’ll have to go to the Apple store to see if I can get this resolved. Thanks

OK your welcome. BUt I am still willing to work with you. Since it is happening on both phones, there has to be more of a global issue happening but you can try and do what I mentioned first to save you a trip to apple if you want.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok great. I’m using my iPad while chatting you and I had not done anything with my phone
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you here?

Yes I am here. Sorry I thought you left to apple?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I’m here
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I screenshot our conversation. I’ll print them later and try over again step by step. Thanks again, and Happy New
Mike, Mac Medic