Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

RECEIVED A SCREEN ON MY CHILDS NEW IPAD YESTERDAY SAYING…

Customer Question
RECEIVED A SCREEN ON...

RECEIVED A SCREEN ON MY CHILDS NEW IPAD YESTERDAY SAYING SECURITY BREACH CALL A NUMBER.(WHICH I DID) ENDED UP IN 'HIGH' SECURITY DEPT. SAID MY FIREWALL ON ALL DEVICES WERE BREACHED.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

NOT SUREBUT ITS BRAND NEW 128GB IPAD (NOT PRO) I WOKE UP THIS MORNING WONDERING IF IT HAD BEENA SCAM BECAUSE I PAID FOR A SECURITY SUPPORT OF $500 OR SO.WAS THIS AN APPLE SUPPORT PAYMENT?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

NO. IT JUST APPEARED YESTERDAY ON A SMALL SCREEN WITH IPAD LOCKED.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

WHEN I CALLED THEM THE PERSON ON THE PHONE SAID ALL OUR DEVICES AND PROGRAMS AND PASSWORDS COULD BE ACCESSED FROM SOME USERS IN RUSSIA.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 5 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. That was a fake message. It is a scam. Apple, and any legitimate company would never display a popup message automatically on your device for any issue. Whenever you have any issue, you would need to contact a support company yourself first. In the future, please always ignore any popup message (or email message or phone call) that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- I recommend to contact your bank / credit card company to report fraud and to cancel the big charge.

- Is the popup screen gone now? Is there currently any issue with your iPad?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

This issue usually occurs when you accidentally click on a bad website link or advertisement. Here is the solution for getting rid of fake popup messages if you need it in the future:

1. Open the Settings app icon.
  2. There, tap on Safari option (if needed, scroll down (on the left) first.)
  3. Then tap on the option Clear History and Website Data (if needed, scroll down (on the right) first.)
  4. Then tap on the option Clear.
  5. Open Safari app.
    - Then the fake popup message should be gone now.

- For more information about this type of scams, please click on the website below:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8071

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Do you still need help with this?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech