Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I’m trying to set up my new iPad mini and thought I was all…

Customer Question
I’m trying to set...

I’m trying to set up my new iPad mini and thought I was all set. However, I can’t sign in now because I apparently am using the wrong “passcode”. I’ve been locked out for 1 minute! 5 minutes, and now 15 minutes! I’ve tried the code that unlocks my regular IPad, my old IPad password, and the one I just changed. The settings of my familiar IPad (the one I’m using for this message) tells me that they are synced, but it doesn’t tell me what I must do to unlock the mini. Can you help. I fear I’ll be locked out forever!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About an hour ago, and recorded it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I believe that’s what I used. I just tapped the “forgot your password” button. I understand. Though that the Apple password ***** the device unlock passcode are different. Is that correct?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

What are you connecting me to?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

For security purposes please respond with the answer to 4 + 3 = ?

4+3=7 I’d really just learn to fix it myself.

The only way to get into it now that it is disabled is to wipe it. Do you want to do that?

I’d like to withdraw this question! Please do NOT charge my credit card any more than the $5.00 you already have.

Submitting refund.