Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Form, I find that my phone is asking me to enter Apple ID…

Customer Question
Hi form Keith, Technician's...

Hi form Keith,

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I find that my phone is asking me to enter Apple ID and password. I'm not able to do this. Please help !

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

Can you not type the answer in or is it simply not accepting the password?

It recognizes nothing. Keith

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

*iPhone 7or newer: press and hold the power button and the volume down button simultaneously for about 10 seconds, or until you see an Apple logo.

*iPhone 6S and older, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top right) and Home button (on the front) simultaneously for about 10 seconds, or until you see an Apple logo.

When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

The next thing you should see after the Apple logo is the home screen a few minutes later.

If the above does not work, plug it straight into a power outlet and try again.

Thanks,

Help please. Keith

I've just sent some instructions for you to try, let me know how that works.

Does not work. I have several "hand me downs" from my wife and some of the codes could be corrupted. Keith
I am still unable to use my phone except in emergencies. Keith. Help.
I continue to receive "Activation Reqired." Keith

To confirm it is still asking for an Apple ID and password?

If so, shut the iPhone completely off.

Your Apple ID is normally your email address. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

Once you have the ID and password, restart your Apple device and sign in.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I am unable to unlock my phone. Still!

So to confirm; you completely shut off the iPhone (not just turned off the screen), you successfully reset the password, and then you restarted the iPhone and it will not accept the Apple ID and new password?