Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My iPhone 6s doesn't. Hold a charge, Not sure what u r

Customer Question
My iPhone 6s doesn't...

My iPhone 6s doesn't. Hold a charge

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Not sure what u r asking

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Several months. Just keep having to charge it . What about Apple selling new batteries for $24.00

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My iPhone 6 won't hold a charge. I understand Apple is selling a new battery forv$24.00

Sorry, we can not remote into mobile devices but I was going to say all you can really do is restore the phone back to factory settings after a backup of course and then charge and see if it hold better then before.

If the restore does not help then it is for sure the hardware which you may still have the phone under applecare warranty

Have you already tried to back up and restore the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also says I don,t have enough storage which I increase
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Increased to 2TB

well, troubleshooting the icloud issue is one thing but if your going to have to restore the phone I would't worry about the space issue just yet until you know the battery is going to work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Look I am 81 years old and not savvy to all this stuff. Yes I have backed up phone
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Apple is messing with phones with holding a charge so u have to buy new phone. I am on fixed income and can’t upgrade phone. I just want a new battery for $24.00

I did not mean to come off rude as I was not implying anything. I was just wanting you to know to not waste your time with the space issue you mentioned until the battery issue is fixed. Therefore since you already have a back up, you can try and restore the phone but if you think it would be easier to just purchase a battery then you would need to either visit the nearest apple store or call applecare and setup a repair. 800–692–7753

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What price will I be charged for a new battery

I believe they would be $29 and you can either call the number I gave you and send in your phone thru the mail to have it installed or go in person to an applestore and get the repair done there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Connect to secure connections

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by Connect to secure connections

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The $39.00 connection
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can u connect to my iphone
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am on my iPad also
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does that make a difderence
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why can’t u connect now

Sorry we can not connect to phones or any mobile devices

I thought we already discussed your options, you have to either call the applecare phone number and tell them you would like a new battery. Then you mail in your phone for repair. Your other option would be to go to an applestore and get the battery there.

PLus connecting is not going to install the battery for you and you save money

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Am I on secure remote assistancenow

no we are just in a chat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will take phone in and get new battery. Thank u

Your welcome.

Mike, Mac Medic