Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Recem5. Recently set up new Apple ipAd32gb and trying to log…

Customer Question
Recently set up new...

Recently set up new Apple ipAd32gb and trying to log in and it's saying invalid passcode. I've tried for 2 days now and still can't get get in

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

Is it asking for a passcode to unlock the iPad OR is it asking for a password ***** your Apple ID?

Asking pass code to unlock touch

Ok, you will need to reset and restore the device if you wan't remember the passcode.

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, removing any passcodes, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

-> Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it

-> Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

-> Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

-> Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

-> iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,