Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I need to change my Apple ID and password. I no longer use…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my Apple ID and password. I no longer use my AOL account but I am unable to change it on line. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Since getting my gmail account I have not changed it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes and it won’t let me set a new account

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
12/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

YEs sometimes reseting a password ***** apple can be limited in options. Let me see if there are any other things we can try. What is your apple id?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I don’t want this extra service

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally.

one moment let me check your options for reseting the pass

Regarding your***@******.*** email account. Even though you do not use it still, may not mean we can't get into it. Have you tried to reset your***@******.*** email password? Besides that have you tried to answer your security questions.

What is your birthdate?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I answered all the security questions. I removed or deleted my aol address on my computer and tablet and phone but aol keeps coming up automatically. I figured it was because it remained on my apple ID

Well, just because you deleted it off your computer does not mean that the account can't be accessible. LEt me check something.

Do you remember your***@******.*** password?

The email password?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know my old password

Ok are you able to use a computer or any device and go to https://mail.aol.com/ and sign in. If not you can click the "forgot password" link on the same page near the sign on screen.

If not let me know and I can try.

Also, I sent a new apple reset password ***** to your***@******.*** email so it should be the top message in your inbox.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I deleted that account it is no longer active

Oh I see. Ok I thought you meant just from your computer. OK, in that case let me see as I am in a different location what is your birthdate?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
12/20/1949

Are these the same questions:

What was the name of your first pet?

What was the model of your first car?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure of the pet question but Chevy nova was the car question

Do you have a guess for the pet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wouldn’t it be easier to delete the old account and open a new one?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Abby or Abigail
Or rocky

We can definitely set you up with a new account however, depending on why you need to reset the password ***** your apple id may affect you. For example, if your apple device is locked and does not let you in because of the apple id and password ***** would have to unlock it first and the new account could not be used until that is fixed. So it all depends on why you need to reset the apple id password ***** begin with. Therefore, why are you needing to reset the apple id password?

While your checking that last post, I am going to try some things with the answers you gave me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Because I am trying to eliminate aol coming up on my computer or tablet as my automatic fillin. Plus don’t want confirmations for purchases going to that old email address
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is taking way too long. I will go to the Genius Bar. I need to go now. Thanks for trying to assist me!

Sorry your welcome. I was just typing more information for you. Take care.

Mike, Mac Medic