Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I move my purchased music from old iTunes account to…

Customer Question
How do I move...

How do I move my purchased music from old iTunes account to my Apple Music on my phone and iPad?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

11.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Just was able to find my old purchased iTunes account on my old desk top.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

To clarify, was the old music purchased with the same Apple ID as you use currently?

No it was not.
Can you help me or direct my for a solution?

Ok,

this presents a problem because Apple ID's can not be merged.

You will, for best results, need access to the old ID in order to re-download the music files on your current iTunes installation.

You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

If you can't pull up your Apple ID using the info above BUT you currently have purchased music in iTunes on your computer then you may be able to see the ID; To view this information, simply select any purchased song in iTunes and press Command-I or choose "Get Info" from the File menu. Then in the Summary tab of the window that appears (this should be the default tab), you should see the name / Apple ID listed.

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

If you can’t successfully reset your password ***** still can not log in, you will need special assistance. In this case, you will have to make use of the Express Lane customer service feature to request investigation of the inaccessible account:

https://getsupport.apple.com

Choose the correct category (Apple ID) and issue as prompted by the service above.

As an alternative, if you do not wish to handle it online, you can try calling this number: 1-***-***-****. Ask if they can verify you as the owner of the account for the purposes of resetting the password ***** the original account.

Once you have that account re-enabled, you can sign into it on any device to re-download the old music. When finished, you can sign out and re-login to your current Apple ID.