Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have been scammed with iTunes cards. I bought 5 yesterday.

Customer Question
I have been scammed...

I have been scammed with iTunes cards

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

I bought 5 yesterday. And. 2 several days ago

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

They are in denominations of 100

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No I gave the codes to a scammer. I got scammed

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Dan, Mac Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Dan, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

I'm sorry to hear the bad news, your only option at this point is to call apple and see if they can reverse the purchaes and refund you the money. The number you need to call is(###) ###-####For the most part you should never give anyone credit card information, gift card information, or anything else over the phone. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks

Hello

On top of what I already said another popular scam is people trying to get you to download software so they can take over computer so also never download any software when someone calls you up saying they are from Apple/Microsoft and need you to install antivirus software. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

I’m not sure if you tempting into my phone is going to help because I purchased the cards at a store and texted the codes to them. I do have the pictures of the codes in the texts. Does that help with remote at all?

Website is automatically offering phone call, we do not need that.

You will still need to call apple at(###) ###-####asap, they will likely be able to reverse whatever purchases were made and give you the money back but only way to know for sure is to contact apple. For the most part you should never give anyone credit card information, gift card information, or anything else over the phone. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks