Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The screen got wet today when I had it in my purse,

Customer Question
The screen got wet...

The screen got wet today when I had it in my purse, apparently from a leaking water bottle in my purse

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Apple 5S

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Since early afternoon, I put it in rice as had been told to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all there is too tell

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

is the phone still working or its dead on screen

Can see everything on the screen but cannot enter the zero to sign in

water will damage the phone try to push and hold down the power button for 45 seconds it must shut down power and dont use the phone for few days. If you have sunlight try to put it under the sun for few days dont use hair dryer it will damage the components.

second option is to take it to a phone repair workshop they will open it and can dry up the liquid and check for any damaged part which can be replaced.

Please take a moment to click on the stars located on the top of this chat page to rate my service.
Thank you and come back if you need any assistance.