Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to take a backup copy of photos from iphone6…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to take a backup copy of photos from iphone6 onto mac using image capture : Getting "cannot be viewed or imported because the iPhone is locked with a passcode"- but phone is unlocked

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I had same issue with a 5s, and resetting passcode worked, but not on this one. Been some time since changing the Apple ID

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Have not changed the Applie ID, only the passcode on the phone itself

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want to access the iphone to take a copy of the photos on it...

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

The phone software is up to date, however the mac is running 10.8.6 which I understand to be problematic to update due to the age of my mac.
I have two phones a 5s which had the same issue, but overcome by turning off and then turning passcode back on. Has not worked on the Iphone 6

Can you see your iPhone in iTunes?

No thanks, ***** ***** sure this can be resolved without connection. I have not used this service before, so I am not trusting - no offense...

If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Can you see your iPhone in iTunes?

Software on mac too old to update itunes, has been useless for some time now
Itunes displays similar error iTunes could not connect to the iPhone “xxx iPhone 6” because an error occurred while reading from the device.

Is the iPhone running iOS 11?

11.2.1

I believe your OS is the issue.

LINK

what is the "fix", considering I cant update the OS?

Try this application. I am not sure if it i works with 10.8, but I do not have a machine to test.

LINK

Considering the vast amount of problems that are noted on the net, I am surprised as an expert there is not a better suggestion that download another application. The notes on the app you mention - front page say its not compatible with 10.8

Where? It says nothing on their website. Either way this was the suggestion. Not the end of the rope by any means. I am trying my best to support and OS that is half a decade old. Give me some time.

Try this. LINK

https://www.iphonetransferrecovery.com/ios-data-recovery-for-mac.html
thanks :-)

Try this. LINK

No luck there either. Installed, but does not give option to select device, is auto selecting the actual Mac I am running on.I think I will update the ios, try again later and do some more research. There is a lot of others having similar problems, so I am sure there will be a solution. Thanks for trying anyway

No problem. Have a good night!