Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to download the app for our amazon echo dot. I…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to download the app for our amazon echo dot. I cannot because I don't remember our password. How can I reset. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: Which Amazon product do you have?

Echo dot

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Amazon software?

I went to Alexa Amazon and clicked "get" and then install after which I was asked for our apple password. I put in what I thought was the right password ***** it indicated incorrect password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That should do - thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Go to your Apple ID account page and click "Forgot Apple ID or password."

click here

If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.

Choose how to reset your password:

To answer your security questions, select "Answer security questions" and follow the rest of the steps.

Please let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps.

Hi DavidNothing yet after I clicked on Apple Screen and clicked on "forgotten password"Thanks
Thanks, David. I'm already out $30 with no resolution and don't want to incur any more charges.

The remote assist offer is an automatic message from the Just Answer system - you may ignore it.

So when you click "Forgot Apple ID or password" in the web page nothing happens?

Do you need further assistance?

Hello David: That's correct - nothing happened when on clicked on the "forgot pass word" - so I'm right back to where I started - unable to download the Echo Dot app cause I cannot reset our Apple Password!Seems like there would be a easy resolution between you and Apple but "back to the drawing board."Thank you.

Ok, thanks.

Try using a different web browser to reset your password. The "Forgot Apple ID or password" link should work unless the web browser you are using does not support or blocks the components used to create the link.

No thanks, David.

You may ignore the solicitation for additional services - those are automated messages from the Just Answer system.

Please let me know the result.

Do you need further assistance?

syseng
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer