Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Went into activation lock and my wife forgot what she used…

Customer Question
Went into activation lock...

Went into activation lock and my wife forgot what she used to set it up in line of id and password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Help me out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

Your Apple ID is normally your email address. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I am trying to get into my apple ipad

Yes, have you tried the above?

not sure what I am doing

Ok, if you have forgotten the password ***** you must reset it from a computer. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

Can you call me(###) ###-####

I can not offer telephone support but if you request it from your end, another expert may be available to pick it up.

Thanks,

Give me a phone number I can use.
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Did you still need help? What is your apple id that you need to reset the password *****? Let me know as I can see what options there are to reset it for you.