Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can not get the prompt box to ask to save password for…

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get the prompt box to ask to save password ***** particular site

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

IMac

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

I just switched from Chrome to FireFox. Yesterday. I have tried everything. It works on a new site however if you inadvertently hit dont save you can not get the box back to let you. That is so frustrating. Its not the site causing it ...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time. I just need to know how to recall that dialog box if I want FireFox to save the password.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

ok
I would prefer you tell me ..

PS: Please ignore any offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me.

Please do this in Firefox now:

Click the menu button (with three bars) at the top-right corner and choose Options.

Select the Privacy & Security panel and navigate to the Forms & Passwords section.

To the right of Remember logins and passwords for websites, click the Exceptions… button.

Select the website you want to show the save password ***** for again, and click Remove website. This should do it.

I have done this .... it did not work

OK, I see. Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up. Please do NOT submit a rating until your issue is resolved. Thank you,

Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Looking at Bryan's guide I am not sure it is the exact same thing as the guide Firefox tells you to do.

• To tell Firefox to never remember usernames and passwords for the current website, click the drop-down menu and select Never Save. In the future, when you log in to the website you won't be prompted to save the username and password.
    • If you later change your mind and would like Firefox to ask you to save usernames and passwords for this site, you'll need to go into your Firefox Preferences and remove the site's entry from the Privacy & Security panel exceptions list.

This is where I found this information. LINK

If this was helpful please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.

Can't find it? Here’s How.