Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I just got a new iPad and when I did the backup the cloud…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new iPad and when I did the backup the cloud loaded the backup with my ex husband's iTunes login. He broke into my account and changed the passwords. How do I get rid of this and start again? It won't let me get past the lof

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your iTunes?

The login screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

We backed up everything in anticipation of transferring to the new machine.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

You can restore your iPad to factory settings and set it up as new, is this the route you want to take?

Let me know by replying here and I will get back to you, many thanks.

Ok great. To do that you need to restart the iPad into what's called 'Recovery Mode', and then connect it to iTunes to restore the software.

To do that you press and hold the Home and Power buttons together until it restarts and shows an iTunes logo.

Do you have a computer with iTunes installed on it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
far I've spent $5 for an answer and I've already been bait and switched. Just give me the answer so I can move on.

It's not a closed question with a yes or no answer and it requires a series of steps done in the correct order.

There is an Apple article that details the steps here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

I can guide you through the steps if you need any help at any point, just let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

No problem. If you need me to give you any help don't hesitate to reply here and I'll get back to you.

Please take a moment to rate my help using the star rating, many thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to press the on/off button on the side and the button on the front at the same time.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, that should have been a question mark.

No problem.

Yes, hold them both.

The iPad screen will power off and it will come back on, keep holding them all the time.

After a minute or two it shows the iTunes logo and cable, then you can release them.

David, Mac Support Specialist