Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IPhone is in disable mode and it wont come out of it. I have…

Customer Question
iPhone is in disable...

iPhone is in disable mode and it wont come out of it

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I have apple 7+

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It has beenwell over 24 hrs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't rember my access code

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove any passcodes, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

-> Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it

-> Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

-> Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the volume down button (on the left) for 10 seconds

-> Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the volume down button, until...

-> iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,