Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to update - asking for my iphone code and I have no…

Customer Question
Trying to update -...

Trying to update - asking for my iphone code and I have no idea what that means

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I did not do it my son did for my wife

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Don't know how to do that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a phone number I can call to find out what my pass words are within a secure system

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

For security reasons your passwords are stored on Apple computers in a way that no one can access, not even Apple.

Once you know your Apple ID you should be able to reset your password ***** one of two ways.

You can choose to get a reset email, or answer the security questions linked to the Apple ID.

To reset the password ***** this link and enter the Apple ID:
https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

You can reset there using one of the two ways I mentioned, if you get stuck or need any help please reply here to let me know.

Many thanks in advance.