Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Info such as Apple idand phone seems to have been stolen…

Customer Question
Info such as Apple...

Info such as Apple idand phone seems to have been stolen from my I pad.I was notified on my iPad that my Apple ID and phone number had been used by an unknown person for I memory and face time on a new I pad. Suggestions on how to stop.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not sure probably Six. To nine months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Did not do that..how do I do that and what will that do. Am mostly interested in having numbers changed. So that nothing major can be stolen from my accounts. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No . Thann

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

First, check that the notification is genuine.

There are many scam emails going around pretending to be from Apple at the moment.

Then to ensure your Apple account remains secure, go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and change your password.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------